24 Hour Read-a-Thon! #readathon
I saw this reading challenge today on Twitter, and thought I’d join in! I’m not sure where it originated or what the ‘rules’ are, but I’m enjoying myself!
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
I’m reading from the West Virginia side of the Potomac River in beautiful Falling Waters, West Virginia.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
The Hand of Fatima by Ildefonso Falcones with 961 pages is at the top of my stack, and next in line. That book will take me a week to finish reading!
This weekend, I’m rereading the manuscript of my historical novel, A DECENT WOMAN, to make sure I’ve caught all my editor’s changes before it goes to the proofreader next week. I’m already on page 92, and making good time!
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I drink tea with cream all day long, and I’m looking forward to hot chicken wings this afternoon! I have a serious love of hot, spicy food, and can’t get enough hot sauce! I might even order a pepperoni, sausage, and mushroom pizza tonight 🙂
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I’m a Puerto Rican-born, bilingual, 5′ tall, full-time novelist who loves her children, being in nature, animals, and writing. Oh, and dancing. I love to dance.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
This is my first read-a-thon, and I am enjoying it! I love to read, and will be checking in with other participants throughout the day on social media!